Oranges Health Benefits, Nutrition Facts, Secret How To Choose Sweet Oranges

Oranges Health Benefits, Nutrition Facts, Secret How To Choose Sweet Oranges

Delicious and juicy orange fruit contain an impressive list of essential nutrients, vitamins, minerals for healthy growth and development and overall well-being.

Sweet and juicy oranges are packed with nutrients and contains only about 60-70 calories and has no fat and no cholesterol and they are a good source of vitamin C. So if you are trying to lose weight try to consume oranges more often. They are full of nutrients, they make our skin clear and healthy.

The side of the tree on which the orange grows plays an important role in the fruit’s taste. Oranges facing the sunnier side, always are sweeter, because plants convert energy from sunlight into sugar.

There are three essential oils that are coming from orange tree. First, the oil of orange is collected from the rind and used as a flavoring agent. The second oil is coming from the leaves and stems and is used in the perfume industry. And finally the third oil of is coming from orange blossoms and is used to make perfumes.

Only 20% of the total orange harvest is sold as whole fruit. The remaining 80% is used to make orange juice, extracts, and preserves.

Types of oranges

There are many different types of oranges such as Navel, Mandarin, Cara, Valencia and Seville oranges and others. Some are very sweet and others are sour. Eating too much oranges can cause diarrhea, cramps, headaches. When you want to buy sweet orange pay attention to their β€œnavel” or circular hole on the blossom stem end, the bigger it is, the sweeter it will be.

Mandarins, some people call them tangerines, are closely related to oranges but are actually a different variety of them. They tend to be smaller and sweeter than oranges and are easy to peel.

The navel orange is one of the most common types of oranges. They’re seedless with a thick skin and characteristic navel-like dimple on one end. Clementines are very popular because of their small size and they are very easy to peel. The blood orange stands out because of its distinct dark red flesh, which is thanks to the presence of anthocyanins, a type of antioxidant pigment.

Orange benefits

They contain fiber, potassium, vitamin C they all help improve heart health and cholesterol level. An increase in potassium intake along with a decrease in sodium intake reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.Consuming too much potassium can be harmful for those whose kidneys are not functioning well.The antioxidant vitamin C helps to fight skin damage caused by the sun. Reduce wrinkles and improves skin texture.

Improves vision

Oranges are rich in nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium which improve your vision. So, if you want your vision to be just as good as it is now, eat an orange every day!

Helps to sleep better

If you have insomnia, can’t sleep at night, eat oranges, because they contain choline. Choline is an important nutrient found in oranges that helps with sleeping disorders, learning and memory. It maintains the structure of cellular membranes. It is best to eat them in the evening, if it’s hard for you to fall asleep.

Skin rejuvenation

As we grow older, our skin along with other body parts suffers from aging. Oranges are packed with antioxidants and Vitamin C which slows down the process and makes you look young and your skin will be always soft! 

Reduces cholesterol

One of the reasons why people get heart disease is because their arteries are blocked due to unhealthy lifestyles they had. They consumed a big amount of junk food. Oranges have flavonoids like hesperidin which reduces cholesterol and prevents your arteries from getting blocked. That is why it protects you from heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases.

Oranges are very sweet and there is no person in the world that doesn’t like oranges. We can use oranges to make juices, candies and ice creams. Many people prefer to drink juice made from oranges, than consuming them as a whole fruit. It is considered as one of the healthiest beverages because of its wide range of health benefits.

Follow me on Facebook

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*